In order to lead the partners to achieve the specific objectives, the structure of the work plan is divided into 8 work packages (WPs), each targeting different objectives, tasks and expected results.
WP1: Requirements and specifications
- Technical and economical, qualitative and quantitative system requirements for the key performance indicators: room climate, collector performance, building energy balance and usability for district heating
- Technical specifications for all system components as base for collector and façade development.
- Specifications for testing conditions
WP2: Collector development
- Develop the collector (glazing) and fluid circuit components for thermal labscale testing
- Improve and optimize the collector and fluid circuit components for field test based on the results from labscale testing
WP3: Façade development
- Develop an overall modular façade system with integrated FLUIDGLASS
- Optimize design and prepare sample of framing systems for testing at labscale
- Design and construction of full scale elements for the system assembly testing at the container
WP4: System Integration
- Develop optimal combinations of the different system parts such as glazing unit, insulation, HVAC integration, thermal storage, etc. This simulation will be done on façade, building and district level and will also consider LCA.
- Establish first prototypes of the different technologies and combine glazing with HVAC system for lab scale testing. Conduct mechanical stability tests on the different elements.
- Establish schematics of the system level including design guidelines. This catalogue can be used later on for dissemination.
WP5: Testing of components and assembly
- Assess the properties of FLUIDGLASS both on the thermal and mechanical properties. Testing will be performed on the major components of FLUIDGLASS in order to verify that all the requirements are fulfilled.
- Test the system assembly by implementing it in small test building (container). After the specifications and design, the container will be assembled and his functionality will be tested.
WP6: Validation in real life conditions
- Validate FLUIDGLASS system to obtain real life operational experience in hot and cold climate
- Offer potential user the possibility to enter a FLUIDGLASS room and to experience this technology
- Collect data for validation of building simulation
WP7: Public awareness and results exploitation
- Increase public awareness of new solar thermal solution for office and commercial buildings
- Introduce training for building engineers and professionals and prepare educational tutorials
- Develop a new business model for modular FLUIDGLASS system and renewable energy flow
- Contribute to new and on-going international standardization efforts on energy management
- Prepare recommendations for policy makers on energy efficient buildings / districts
WP8: Management and coordination of the consortium
- coordinating the actions of participants and progress monitoring for achievements of project goals
- financial and administrative management (technical management is part of individual technical WPs)
- reliable interface to the European Commission and external actors (External Advisory Board)